This course walks you step-by-step through the multiple plan COB determination process. It will help your practitioner office reduce the risk of take backs, fines and penalties.
At the conclusion of this course you should be able to:
• Apply the various processes to determine COB assignment.
• Identify other entity requests.
• List multiple health insurance plans.
• Identify relationships to the insured and how they relate to the health plan COB assignment.
• Define and apply the birthday rule.
• Identify ways to determine if an authorization is required.
• Ensure all of the above has supporting documentation to complete the COB assignment.